Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Way of the Tao

Hi again!

I've been super busy with creating some new Internet & MLM Marketing systems lately, so I haven't had much of a chance to write.

However, I did run across a passage that I see as very appropriate for our times while re-reading my favorite book of all time The Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell translation).

Currently the economy is influx (which is nearly always is depending on your perspective) and many people in the Real Estate and Banking worlds are suffering the results of some pretty crazy fall out. Inevitably, many of these people will find themselves down in the dumps because they either lose or change their jobs, make less money, or feel unsettled by all of the change surrounding them.

As I've said before- we all have pain brought into our lives, but the suffering is optional. Here is the passage that really caught my attention:

44

Fame or Integrity: which is more important?
Money or Happiness: which is more valuable?
Success or Failure: which is more destructive?

If you look to others for fulfillment,
you will never truly be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money,
you will never be happy with yourself.

Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize that there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

Lao-tzu

If you haven't read or seen this book, I highly recommend it. I have given this book away countless times to people that I care about. I believe it will change your life in every aspect if you read it with an open heart.

Until Next time...
Derick Van Ness

No comments: